Job Title: IP/Configuration Engineer
Location: Lagos Mainland
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR IP & CONFIGURATION ENGINEER
- Work on planning, designing and implementation of new and upgrade of network and services;
- Network installation, monitoring and administration of core network devices;
- On-site and in-house integration with external systems and networks (TSP, ISP, others);
- Carry out in-house staging, maintenance and integration of network technologies, equipment and CPEs;
- Customer activation and service turn-up upon receipt of approval from Unit Head;
- Execute test procedures and acceptance procedures of equipment and services after commissioning;
- Perform on-site and in-house installations, maintenance and upgrades on devices and equipment;
- Liaise with the sales team and customer to design the network according to their specifications;
- Assign IPs and manage IP Addressing with relevant on-line and off-line tools;
- Analyze and resolve operational and technical issues raised as regards the network;
- Liaise with necessary departments on service activation, outage and planned maintenance issue resolution of network and services;
- Ensure all configurations are implemented as planned;
- Back up of all core device configurations and ensure they are up-to-date;
- Ensure accurate database population as it has to do with IP and Configuration;
- Attend to escalation as it has to do with the IP and Configuration unit;
- Carry out on-call support duties to field engineers;
- Ensure compliance in the unit and report/escalate issues to the Unit Head;
- Show innovation and critical thinking in the course of discharging your duties;
- Discharge your duties professionally and ethically; and
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned to you by your Unit Head, HoD or Management.
- Ability to convey information clearly and in a succinct and organized manner through written and verbal means;
- Inter-personal skills with the ability to keep customers informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline and quality;
- Ability to resolve challenges with minimal direction or to recommend and explain solutions and alternatives for approval;
- Ability to lead trainees/juniors, mentor them and impart knowledge and skill to upgrade their skill and knowledge base;
- Ability to break down problems and processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, performance targets and quality assurance;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to utilize the code of ethics/conduct in order to manage self, others and information; and
- Ability to establish and sustain healthy relationships and to cordially interact with all stakeholders.
- Mininum of CCNA certification with at least 3 years experience in working with Cisco, Mikrotik, ubiquity, and any other wireless device.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP suite, knowledge of fiber optics integration, provisioning, and troubleshooting, knowledge of FTTx gpon equipment provisioning.
- Minimum of a B.Sc/HND in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or any related field.
- 4 years experience as an IP Engineer in a Telecoms firm.
Friday, 29th September, 2023.